The We Robot 2021 Conference, University of Miami School of Law is inviting submissions for their 10th annual robotics law and policy conference.
Venue: University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, USA,
Date: From September 23-25, 2021.
Proposals should be in form of
- Scholarly papers
- Poster sessions
The Proposal Topics will include but not limited to:
- Comparative international perspectives on the regulation of robotic technologies.
- Assessment of what institutional configurations, if any, would best serve to integrate robotics into society responsibly.
- The impact of artificial intelligence on civil liberties, including sexuality, due process, equal protection, privacy, suffrage, and procreation.
- Deployment of autonomous weapons in the military or law enforcement contexts.
- Law and economic perspectives on robotics.
- Feminist or critical race theory perspectives on robotics.
- Regulatory and licensing issues raised by robots.
- Robots in specific sectors, ranging from agriculture to underwater to the professions (law, medicine, accounting).
- Issues of legal or moral responsibility, e.g. relating to autonomous robots or robots capable of exhibiting emergent behavior.
- Effects of robotic adoption on the demand for human labor.
- Privacy and intellectual property issues relating to robotics.
- Ethical issues arising from automation.
- Co-robotics in practice, be it assembly lines, small businesses, hospitals, or other contexts where robots and humans work side-by-side.
The conference submission portal will open Dec. 14, 2020. (Link will be available from werobot2021.com.)
Proposers will need to provide:
- Title of the proposed paper and an abstract of between 500 and 1000 words. Submitters are cautioned that proposals that exceed the length limit will be rejected unread.
- Please do NOT put any names or biographical information in your uploaded proposal. However, on a separate sheet, please – again without your name(s) or the name(s) of institutions or corporations – list the current title of each contributor (e.g. “Ph. D candidate in Mechanical Engineering” or “Associate Professor of Anthropology” or “Chief
Eligibility for the We Robot 2021 Conference.
Those eligible to apply include legal practitioners, people designing, building, and deploying robots and the people who design or influence the legal and social structures in which robots will operate.
Submission Dates and Deadlines:
Submissions are due by Feb. 1, 2021.
Summary of Key Dates:
- December 14, 2020. Submission portal for papers, demos, and posters opens.
- January 8, 2021. Early Bird Registration begins.
- February 1, 2021.. Call for papers and demos closes. All proposals submitted by this date will be treated equally.
- March 8, 2021. We aim to have responses to paper and demo proposals by this date.
- June 1, 2021. Early bird registration closes.
- June 1, 2021. Call for posters closes, but acceptances may be offered on a rolling basis (i.e. it may be beneficial to submit earlier).
- August 16, 2021. Full papers due. They will be posted online at the conference web site unless otherwise agreed.
- September 23, 2021. We Robot Workshops, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, USA.
- September 24-25, 2021. We Robot Conference, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, USA. (Note – poster session on Sept 24, 2021.)
For more information and updates visit: https://werobot2021.com/call-for-papers/