The NFWL Essay Student Scholarship Contest gives $5,000 to an eligible female student in South Carolina to further her education.
The NFWL Essay Student Scholarship Contest is organized by the National Foundation of Women Legislators (NFWL) which has a long history of aiding young women. Over the years, the scholarship has brought together some of the nation’s most promising young scholars for a week of mentorship, learning, and growth.
Leadership is a key component of the program, and winners participate in a variety of personal and professional development activities to help them improve as individuals. Applicants must provide an essay, recommendation letters, and contact information.
- Applicants must be available to attend our Annual Conference in Orlando, taking place from November 16th to 18th.
- Interested applicants must be presently enrolled in a college or institution in the state of South Carolina when they begin the application process.
- Recommendation letters
- Essays should be 400-600 words, single spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman.
- Applicants must cite all references in the citation style of their choice.
- Applicants should write about experiences that have shaped their life.
- The submission deadline is on August 1, 2023
Applicants will write an essay on one of the topics outlined in the application.
Students are selected for the NFWL Essay Student Scholarship Contest based on their academic success, leadership in school and their community, work experience, and a character essay.
- The scholarship recipient attends an annual conference will receive the sum of $5,000
- Winners spend substantial time with an elected women mentor at the NFWL Annual Conference.
- During the meeting, scholars receive free mentorship
- Scholarship recipients will learn about a wide range of policy areas from their mentors, as well as what it’s like to be an elected woman.
- All expenses related to conference attendance will be covered. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to expand your horizons and connect with influential leaders.
For more information contact:
National Foundation for Women Legislators
5434 Chieftain Circle, Suite B
Alexandria, VA 22312